I’ve just finished writing a tester app for MPRIS. It covers all the parts of the standard for querying and controlling media players over D-Bus.
It’s pure Qt, since I didn’t need any KDE-specific stuff – it’s just a quick hack, anyway.
I was going to write it in (and use it to learn) a scripted language like python, but I got impatient. I might reimplement it in an interpreted language at some point.
There are a couple of problems (to do with receiving structs of ints) that I need to track down to either my program or Amarok (or both – I reference Amarok’s code when implementing those bits). But other than getting the status and the MPRIS version, it seems to work. And I think it’ll be a handy little tool.
I’ll upload it to Qt-Apps.org when that site returns to normality, but in the meantime:
Edit: The application can be found at Qt-Apps.